Have cookies in your cake with this easy, gluten-free mug cake that’s mixed with crumbled up lemon macaroons and almond flour. It’s a delicious dessert that’s ready in under five minutes! Ridiculously simple, sweet, and tangy lemony deliciousness is happening inside this mug of happiness. Enjoy this tender, soft mug cake with a mug of black coffee.
Coconut Lemon Mug Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 vegan lemon macaroons
- Rub 2 8-ounce mugs with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the water, lemon juice, and baking powder until frothy. Add the almond butter, applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Crumble up 2 of the macaroons and gently fold them into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 mugs and gently even out the tops.
- Microwave for 2 minutes at full power, or until the cake feels set and begins to just pull away from the sides of the mug. Note that it won't rise a lot.
- Crumble the remaining macaroon up and divide between the two cups.