Have cookies in your cake with this easy, gluten-free mug cake that’s mixed with crumbled up lemon macaroons and almond flour. It’s a delicious dessert that’s ready in under five minutes! Ridiculously simple, sweet, and tangy lemony deliciousness is happening inside this mug of happiness. Enjoy this tender, soft mug cake with a mug of black coffee.
Coconut Lemon Mug Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Lemon Mug Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 vegan lemon macaroons
How to Prepare Coconut Lemon Mug Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Rub 2 8-ounce mugs with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the water, lemon juice, and baking powder until frothy. Add the almond butter, applesauce, agave nectar, and vanilla and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Crumble up 2 of the macaroons and gently fold them into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 mugs and gently even out the tops.
- Microwave for 2 minutes at full power, or until the cake feels set and begins to just pull away from the sides of the mug. Note that it won't rise a lot.
- Crumble the remaining macaroon up and divide between the two cups.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.