Need a quick cake fix, but don't want to spend a lot of time? Then this apple mug cake is perfect for you. It's super easy — all you need is a blender, a microwave, and your favorite microwave-sage mug. This cake would be an awesome use of fresh-picked apples or an accompaniment to a warm glass of apple cider.
Cinnamon Apple Mug Cake [Vegan]
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioner's sugar
- Deseed the apple and cut chop finely. Add half of the chopped apple and all other wet ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and then mix in the wet ingredients and the other half chopped apple pieces.
- Pour mixture into a cup or mug and heat up in the microwave. Start by microwaving for 1 minute, check on the cake, and then add 15-second increments as necessary.
- When done, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and cinnamon.