You have to be a hardcore chocolate lover to fully appreciate the beauty of this vegan chocolate mug cake. Decadent and chocolatey, it cooks in under five minutes and can be made sugar-free. Keep your pantry stocked with these ingredients because never again will you have a sudden chocolate craving that goes unsatisfied. This vegan chocolate mug cake will be your new go-to dessert.
Chocolate Mug Cake [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon granulated monk fruit sweetener or granulated stevia
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips, plus more for garnish (skip this step to make the recipe sugar-free)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk of choice
- Lightly spray or grease a small, microwave-safe coffee mug and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, sweetener, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the oil and milk.
- Pour the wet mixture (oil and non-dairy milk) into the dry mixture (flours, etc) and stir vigorously to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mug.
- Microwave on high for about 90 seconds, until the cake rises and crackles on top.
- Garnish with extra chocolate chips, if desired, and let cool for a minute or so before digging in.
If using coconut oil, melt it and then let it cool enough to be able to hold your finger tip in it for a count of 5. You can also use melted and slightly cooled butter.