Buffalo sauce is spicy and can be added to wings, used in burgers, and coated over steaks. Usually, buffalo sauce includes butter, but just use plant-based butter to get that salty taste. These recipes bring on the heat and are definitely for people who love spicy foods. They’re perfect for your Memorial Day party! Don’t forget to check out these recipes and many others on our Food Monster App.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Holidays & Festivals Archives!
1. Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Source: Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Whether for an appetizer, main dish or party food, these Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Rhea Parsons are so tasty, hot and tangy, you better make a few heads worth because once you pop one of these bites into your mouth, you won’t be able to stop. Enjoy!
2. Buffalo Tofu Bites With Ranch
Source: Buffalo Tofu Bites With Ranch
Ready for happy hour in your home?! These Buffalo Tofu Bites With Ranch by The Surznick Common Room are packed with flavor — not too hot, not too spicy. They’re fried, but not deep-fried like their counterparts are and perfect when paired with the cooling vegan ranch sauce. These Buffalo bites are a great snack for weekends, movie-watching, or just hanging with friends and family.
3. Grilled Buffalo Tofu Po’ Boy with Apple Slaw
Source: Grilled Buffalo Tofu Po’ Boy with Apple Slaw
This Grilled Buffalo Tofu Po’ Boy with Apple Slaw by Zsu Deve isn’t your typical buffalo sandwich. It features a grilled, marinated tofu and makes the sandwich into a po’ boy by adding a creamy slaw. The cabbage and apples in the slaw add crunch, the vegan mayo adds creaminess, and the vinegar gives it some needed acidity. This is a simple and easy-to-make, no-fuss sandwich with all the authentic buffalo flavors.
4. Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas
Source: Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas
This Buffalo Roasted Chickpeas by Wendy Irene is quick, easy, and contains only 3 ingredients! Beans are a superfood. They are rich in protein, fiber, and antioxidants. According to some, they may aid in disease prevention too! These buffalo roasted chickpeas are one of many creative ways to add beans to your diet. The savory chickpeas are a great addition to salads, sandwiches, or eaten as a snack all on their own.
5. Bangin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
Source: Bangin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
Trust me, you and your dinner guests will be positively drooling over this pizza. There are a few steps to this Bangin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza by Emma D’Alessandro, but they are all fairly easy and you can make the blue cheese dressing and pizza dough ahead of time. Making everything from start to finish takes about 2 hours, but when I have had the pizza dough and blue cheese on hand it cut down my time to 1 hour & 20 minutes ( 20 minutes prep & 1 hour baking).
6. Buffalo Sweet Potato, Black Rice, and Avocado Wrap
Source: Buffalo Sweet Potato, Black Rice, and Avocado Wrap
Meet the tastiest wrap that will definitely become your new dinner obsession. Let’s talk about the flavors: roasted sweet potato, creamy avocado, nutty black rice, and a generous helping of spicy vegan Buffalo sauce — yum. You just can’t beat this simple and delicious Buffalo Sweet Potato, Black Rice, and Avocado Wrap by Melanie Sorrentino.
7. Buffalo Tempeh Chili
Source: Buffalo Tempeh Chili
Love buffalo sauce? If so, you will adore this Buffalo Tempeh Chili by The Surznick Common Room! Chunks of tempeh, green bell pepper, onion, and carrot are submerged in a hearty tomato-buffalo stew. Serve this zesty dish with some tortilla chips for scooping!
8. Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks
Source: Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks
This Buffalo Cauliflower Steaks by Robin Runner takes time, not that much, but we will say the end result is crispy crunchy goodness! Totally gluten-free and of course, vegan! Feel free to slather on extra buffalo sauce!
9. Freezable Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos
Source: Freezable Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos
Spicy, cheesy, and creamy, these taquitos are everything and more. These Freezable Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos by Jenn Sebestyen are super easy to make, especially because they use staple ingredients like canned chickpeas and frozen artichoke hearts. Plus, they’re freezable! So make a big batch and save them for anything from late-night snacks to easy dinners and everything in-between, like parties.
10. Buffalo Chickpea Tacos With Celery Ranch Sauce
Source: Buffalo Chickpea Tacos With Celery Ranch Sauce
Fiery chickpeas are paired with a cooling, creamy dairy-free celery ranch sauce in a taco shell in this easy weeknight dinner recipe. Toss the chickpeas in Buffalo sauce, add some roasted vegetables and greens, top the tacos generously with ranch dressing, and supper is ready. This Buffalo Chickpea Tacos With Celery Ranch Sauce by Vegan Richa’s Everyday Kitchen: Epic Anytime Recipes with a World of Flavor also makes a great appetizer for game day.
11. Buffalo-Style Tofu
Source: Buffalo-Style Tofu
This recipe is not for the weak-of-heart. It’s a true spicy Buffalo sauce, but you can choose to calm it down a little if you want to! Feel free to add this dish to a fresh salad to balance out the spice, or if you’re feeling brave, dig in with just your fingers!
12. White Mac and Cheese With Buffalo Seitan
Source: White Mac and Cheese With Buffalo Seitan
This White Mac and Cheese With Buffalo Seitan by Melanie Sorrentino is easy to whip up on days you come home from work and school drained of energy. Let yourself be comforted by the creamy cheese sauce and the lovingly familiar flavors of buffalo sauce. All of the sauce-making and seitan preparation can be done in just the amount of time for the pasta to cook!
13. Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons
Source: Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons
If you love all things buffalo or jackfruit or replicas of classic eats, you have to try this recipe for vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons!! These Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons by Gabrielle St. Claire are just delicious and are a perfect finger food for parties and get-togethers.
14. Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos
Source: Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos
Weeknight dinners just don’t get easier than these jackfruit tacos! Just cook the jackfruit in a skillet with spicy Buffalo sauce, add your toppings, and go! You can serve the jackfruit in a taco shell or a soft taco, top with whatever veggies you desire. These Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos by Gabrielle St. Claire has great aesthetic appeal, can be thrown together in minutes with minimal effort, has the classic heat of the Buffalo sauce and the coolness of the vegan blue cheese, and is perfect for entertaining.
15. Buffalo Black Bean Burger With Crunchy Slaw
Source: Buffalo Black Bean Burger With Crunchy Slaw
The perfect pair: a spicy, moist black bean burger and a cool and crisp cabbage and Brussels sprouts slaw. This stacked Buffalo Black Bean Burger With Crunchy Slaw by Kayli Dice will satisfy all of your cravings. It’s great as a make-ahead weeknight dinner, but it’ll also be a hit as a game day lunch.
Buffalo sauce is delicious and easy to incorporate into a plant-based diet. You can slather it on plant-based wing-style foods for the authentic buffalo wings, and perfect for dipping your favorite foods in it. To satisfy more of your spicy needs, check out 15 Hot and Spicy Recipes That Bring on the Heat. If you’re not a fan of heat, don’t worry! You can always adjust how much sauce is used.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!