Whether for an appetizer, main dish or party food, my Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are so tasty, hot and tangy, you better make a few heads worth because once you pop one of these bites into your mouth, you won’t be able to stop. Enjoy!
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3/4 cup hot sauce
- Celery stalks
- Carrot sticks
- Vegan blue cheese dressing
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Core the cauliflower and cut it into bite-sized florets. Put the florets on a large baking sheet. Toss with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and oil. Arrange the florets in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes until firm and a bit blackened. Flip them once halfway through the time. I find that it’s better to make them as crispy as you can if you are adding a heated sauce on top. If they are not cooked enough, turn on the broiler for a few minutes. You want them to have some bite to them.
- While the cauliflower is baking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the hot sauce, mix well and heat through. When the cauliflower is ready, transfer it to a large bowl, add the Buffalo sauce and toss to coat.
- Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet and bake for 10 more minutes. This will “seal” the hot sauce onto the cauliflower. Cut the celery and carrots into sticks. Serve the Buffalo cauliflower bites with the celery and carrot sticks and blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Don't want to use vegan butter? Here are some fun alternatives! Toss the florets in a mixture of hot sauce and 2 Tbs. vegan mayo. Then put them back on the baking sheet and roas them for 10 more minutes. YUM! They taste like Buffalo Bites that already have the dip inside them. Another great idea would be to mix the hot sauce with vegan blue cheese dressing, coat the roasted cauliflower and cook for 10 minutes. So delicious.