This is a crowd-pleaser because it's very rich, but you don’t need much! Perfect for dipping, this dressing is also a great addition to any salad or burger.
Blue Cheez Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Blue Cheez Dressing:
- 1/2 cup tofu cashew mayonnaise (below)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled extra-firm tofu
For the Tofu Cashew Mayonnaise:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water to cover for 2–3 hours, then drained
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tahini
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
To Prep the Mayonnaise:
- Soaking the cashews in water for a few hours will reduce blending time. If you are not using a high-speed blender, I highly recommend soaking the cashews so they blend into a smooth and creamy texture.
- Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and shiny.
To make the Dressing:
- Place the mayonnaise, garlic, agave, lemon juice, miso, vinegar, tahini, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing into a bowl, then add the green onions and crumbled tofu, stirring gently with a spoon.
- If you prefer a thinner dressing, simply add nondairy milk or water.
If you do not have xanthan gum available you can skip this ingredient but the mayonnaise might have a slightly thinner consistency.