Ready for happy hour in your home?! These Buffalo tofu bites are packed with flavor — not too hot, not too spicy. They're fried, but not deep-fried like their counterparts are and perfect when paired with the cooling vegan ranch sauce. These Buffalo bites are a great snack for weekends, movie-watching, or just hanging with friends and family.
Buffalo Tofu Bites With Ranch [Vegan]
For the Buffalo Tofu Bites:
- 1 16-ounce block extra firm tofu
- 1 cup vegan Buffalo sauce, plus more if necessary
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bowl of flour
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- Vegetable oil
For the Vegan Ranch:
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dill
- 2 tablespoon almond milk (more or less depending on your desired consistency)
To Make the Tofu Bites:
- Press your tofu, removing as much liquid as possible. You can do this by wrapping your tofu in paper towels and putting something heavy on top of it. Change out the paper towels as many times as necessary.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and wipe your baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Cut your pressed tofu into small, bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. In another small bowl, combine Buffalo sauce and cornstarch.
- Roll a tofu piece in flour mixture, coating all sides. Then, transfer to buffalo sauce mixture, coating all sides. Let the liquid drip off and carefully transfer to your oiled baking sheet. Save excess buffalo sauce and cornstarch mixture for later.
- Once all pieces are evenly coated, place in oven and bake about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and transfer to a large frying pan with about 1/8-1/4 inch of hot oil. Pan sear/fry the tofu pieces on each side for about 2 minutes, to crisp the breading/sides.
- Remove tofu pieces from the pan and set on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb the extra oil. Remove excess oil from pan and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Return the tofu pieces to the pan on low heat, tossing with the excess Buffalo sauce and corn starch mixture from earlier.
To Make the Ranch:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Chill in the refrigerator in a resealable container.