Trust me, you and your dinner guests will be positively drooling over this pizza. There are a few steps to this recipe, but they are all fairly easy and you can make the blue cheese dressing and pizza dough ahead of time. Making everything from start to finish takes about 2 hours, but when I have had the pizza dough and blue cheese on hand it cut down my time to 1 hour & 20 minutes ( 20 minutes prep & 1 hour baking).
Bangin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Bangin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza [Vegan]
For the Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 package hemp tofu (you can use soy tofu too, but you will only need to use half the pack, as the package of hemp tofu is about half the amount of soy tofu)
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, plus 2 teaspoon liquid
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tahini
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 4 cups spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Buffalo Cauliflower:
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegan wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Pizza Sauce:
- 1/2 can of tomato sauce (about 7-8oz)
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup wing sauce
How to Prepare Bangin’ Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza [Vegan]
To Make the Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing:
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy. Store in a jar in the refrigerator.
To Make the Pizza Crust:
- Combine warm water and dry yeast and let sit for several minutes. Put all ingredients into food processor and process until the dough begins to chase itself around the processor. Roll into a ball and place in a bowl coated with olive oil. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for up to 12 hours or freeze for later use. On a flat surface, using flour or cornmeal, roll out pizza dough into preferred shape.
To Make the Buffalo Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Toss cauliflower florets into a bowl with olive oil and coat. Transfer to a baking sheet in a single layer and place in oven for 15 minutes. Turn florets after 15 minutes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine buffalo sauce and garlic powder and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and coat with Buffalo sauce.
- Place back in oven for an additional 5 minutes.
To Make the Pizza Sauce:
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside to spread on pizza dough.
To Assemble the Pizza:
- Pre-heat the oven to 500˚F and place pizza stone or baking sheet in oven for 7-8 minutes. Meanwhile, spread sauce on pizza and top with buffalo cauliflower.
- Remove baking sheet (or pizza stone) from oven. Then, carefully transfer the pizza onto the heated baking sheet. Bake at 500˚F for 10 minutes for a nice, crispy crust. (If you prefer a less crispy crust you can bake at 450˚F for 15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and drizzle with blue cheese dressing and top with cilantro.
Total Calories: 3039 | Total Carbs: 408 g | Total Fat: 122 g | Total Protein: 114 g | Total Sodium: 8677 g | Total Sugar: 45 g Per Serving: Calories: 1520 | Carbs: 204 g | Fat: 61 g | Protein: 57 g | Sodium: 4339 mg | Sugar: 23 g
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Crust recipe adapted from 100 Days of Real Food. Blue Cheese Dressing adapted from Fat Free Vegan.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.