Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Worcestershire sauce is a delicious, tangy condiment that's full of flavor. It's especially good in "meaty" vegan dishes like stews, gravies, chili, shepherd's pie, veggie burgers and meatless loaves, seitan pot roast, et cetera; and, of course in barbecue sauces, V-8 juice or anything else tomato-ey, and Bloody Mary's, if that's your thing.
Homemade Worcestershire Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Homemade Worcestershire Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
How to Prepare Homemade Worcestershire Sauce [Vegan]
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour it into a sterilized pint jar or a clean 12.7-ounce beer or cider bottle with a tight lid or cap. Store in the refrigerator. It will keep for a long time!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 428 | Total Carbs: 115 g | Total Fat: 1 g | Total Protein: 4 g | Total Sodium: 11435 g | Total Sugar: 58 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.