If you love all things buffalo or jackfruit or replicas of classic eats, you have to try this recipe for vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons!!
Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2/3 cup vegan blue cheese dressing
- 4-ounces vegan cream cheese softened/room temp
- 1 can jackfruit
- 4 cups water
- 50-20 vegan wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large pan heat 4 cups water to boiling. Add the jackfruit and cook for 10 minutes. Drain, and add oil to the pan and cook for 5-7 mins breaking the jackfruit up with a fork. Add the buffalo sauce, blue cheese dressing, and cream cheese. Continue to stir and combine over medium heat.
- Grease a muffin pan and place a wonton wrapper in each hole. Press down so that it fills the cup. Fill each wonton wrapper with the buffalo mixture if being enjoyed right away. If not, I'd bake just the wontons in the oven, heat the filling and fill the cups.
- Fill the cups with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until wonton edges are crispy and browned. Remove from oven and let cool.Top with chopped chives.
- Buffalo Sauce