This easy almond cream cheese has a delicious, authentic flavor. Simply blend blanched almonds with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt! This pairs perfectly with bagels and toast. If you do not have a high-speed blender, soak the almonds overnight.
Easy Almond Cream Cheese [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 cup blanched whole almonds (soaked for a few hours if your blender is not strong enough)
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Simply add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until a smooth paste forms. It may take 1-2 minutes depending on your blender.
- Transfer to a container or little jar and store in the refrigerator for a few days and enjoy.
- Get creative with different flavor combinations or toppings.
Adapted from Cooking With Plants.