When you’re plant-based, it’s so easy to simply substitute meat and dairy with plant-based protein and non-dairy milk. Simple, right? However, if you’re gluten-free and soy-free, it suddenly becomes a bit more difficult, especially because soy and gluten are usually the main ingredients in most plant-based proteins (think tofu scrambles, tempeh bacon, and “wheat meat” made from vital wheat gluten). So, when going plant-based while also avoiding soy and gluten, the main ingredients you can focus on are beans (lentils, chickpeas, and many more!), quinoa, teff, buckwheat, and amaranth.
If you’re looking for even more information and articles, check out this one about Gluten-Free Whole Grains Packed With Protein to Keep You Strong and Healthy, 15 Satisfying Plant-Based Gluten-Free Comfort Foods You Need in Your Life!, and 15 Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, and Dairy-Free Desserts!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you gluten-free and soy-free plant-based meals that are simply delicious for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! Today is the first day of the week and if you need some energy to start your week, this is the meal plan for you! Start your Monday with these teff pancakes and enjoy this high protein chickpea mushroom skillet for dinner! Plus, if you’ve got more teff flour on hand, turn it into these delicious peanut butter cookies!
- Breakfast: Teff Pancakes by Julie Zimmer
- Lunch: Zucchini and Quinoa Fritters by Annie Kimmelman
- Dinner: Chickpea Mushroom Quinoa Skillet Dinner by Robin Runner
- Dessert: Teff Peanut Butter Cookies by Sirke Reivo
Source: Ayurvedic Jamaican Quinoa Salad
It’s Tuesday and it’s a great day to start your day off with these crepes that are stuffed with mushrooms, pesto and topped with a tahini dressing! They’re filling, and you get an extra dose of greens with the spinach in the crepe. End your day with these flourless chickpea brownies, and make sure you use your favorite chocolate chips to add to them!
- Breakfast: Buckwheat Spinach Crepes With Mushrooms, Pesto and Tahini Dressing by Niki Webster
- Lunch: Ayurvedic Jamaican Quinoa Salad by Trudy Geneus
- Dinner: Cheesy Broccoli, Quinoa, and White Bean Bake by Allie Penner
- Dessert: Flourless Chickpea Brownies by Maggie Wescott
Source: No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie
It’s the middle of the week and you might need something sweet to keep you on your toes this week! This no-bake strawberry cream pie is the perfect solution. It’s fully vegan, gluten-free and soy-free, and delicious! Enjoy it after a dinner of red lentil spaghetti, a meal that’s packed with both flavor and protein!
- Breakfast: Mexican Potato Hash by Stephanie McKinnie
- Lunch: Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Roasted Chickpeas by Jenn Sebestyen and Kelli Foster Kelli Foster
- Dinner: Red Lentil Spaghetti Blogonese by Stephanie Davies
- Dessert: No-Bake Strawberry Cream Pie by Stacey Horler
Source: Buckwheat Granola
It’s almost the weekend and the perfect way to get through your Thursday is with these delicious meals! It can be a bit difficult to follow a plant-based lifestyle while being both gluten-free and soy-free, but these meals prove that it’s just as delicious! All you really have to make sure of is to read labels and know what works best for you depending on your intolerance or allergy.
- Breakfast: Buckwheat Granola by Natalie Yonan
- Lunch: Zucchini Stuffed With Amaranth by Alejandra Olmedo
- Dinner: Minestrone Soup with Pumpkin and Buckwheat by Simona Malerba
- Dessert: No-Bake Lemon Cake by Charanya Ramakrishnan
Happy Friday! Let this breakfast bowl power you through your Friday morning and enjoy these colorful wraps for lunch! To start get your weekend started off on a delicious note, try out making your own nice cream! This mocha one is one idea, but if you’re not super big on coffee-flavored things, feel free to add your own mix-ins!
- Breakfast: Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl by Eat Like You Give A Fork by Mareya Ibrahim
- Lunch: Bean Patties in Beet and Chickpea Wraps by Lisa Andersson and Erik Huss
- Dinner: Chickpea Mulligatawny by Real Food Really Fast: Delicious Plant-Based Recipes Ready in 10 Minutes or Less
- Dessert: Mocha Nice Cream by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!