This gluten free buckwheat granola will give you the perfect amount of crunch for all your breakfast bowls! Put it on top of smoothies, coconut yogurt, oatmeal, or just grab a handful for a snack. Store bought granola can be secretly unhealthy with tons of sugar and very little fiber! A healthy breakfast granola should be the exact opposite! Try this buckwheat granola instead! It is rich in nuts & seeds with plenty of healthy fats. Super nutritious, energy-boosting, and so tasty! You can even change out the seeds, nuts, and/or spices to have some variation.
Buckwheat Granola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of buckwheat
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (optional)
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 5 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat the oven to 300°F
- Rinse the buckwheat thoroughly.
- Mix all ingredients, both dry and wet ingredients, (except the raisins) in a big bowl.
- Use your hands and massage the granola and make sure everything is covered in coconut oil and cinnamon and vanilla powder.
- When everything is well combined. Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the granola for 20-25 minutes total. Take out the granola mid-time and stir around and add the raisins.
- Take it out from the oven and let it cool for at least 30 minutes. Store in a glass jar.