These delectable zucchini are stuffed with amaranth, onions, tomatoes, and a delightful bouquet of Italian herbs that perfume the whole dish. This is a great meal to serve to company as the main course, or you can save them for you own lunches throughout the week.
Zucchini Stuffed With Amaranth [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Zucchini Stuffed With Amaranth [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/4 cup amaranth
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion
- 3 medium zucchini
- 8.8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- Thyme, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Oregano to taste
How to Prepare Zucchini Stuffed With Amaranth [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook the amaranth in a pan with cold water over medium heat. You want the water to be about 2 inches over the amaranth.
- Add salt and seasonings, then stir the mixture.
- Once it boils, lower the heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes. When all of the water is absorbed, remove it from the heat.
- In a frying pan, sautée the chopped onion and add the cherry tomatoes. When the onions are golden brown, mix them with the amaranth. Set this aside.
- We washed the zucchini very well and cut it into pieces about 4-inches high. Then we cup them and put it on a baking sheet. Season with a dash of oil, pepper, garlic powder and cumin and cook at 350°F for 10 minutes. After this time, we remove them from the oven to proceed to fill them with amaranth. Return to cook in the oven for about 10 minutes more. Amaranth can be consumed at breakfast, ideal for winter and for its properties, to combat anemia, cramps and diabetes due to its high fiber content, protein, vitamins and minerals. It is a good alternative to pasta and rice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.