This is simply the fastest dinner you can make especially if you have leftover quinoa on hand. Start to finish you’re done and plating in about 12 minutes. Plus, right now, using pantry ingredients is key!
Chickpea Mushroom Quinoa Skillet Dinner [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cups of mushrooms (use what you have on hand), rough chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 – 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of frozen spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 handful or more of roasted cashew nuts
- First prepare your quinoa according to package instructions. You can cook yours in an Instant Pot by using 1 cup quinoa to 1 cup water, cover and cook for 1 minute. Natural release. Set that aside.
- Into a skillet add your oil of choice. Once hot, add onions and mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and stir often to avoid burning. Add your spices, stirring often again. After cooking for about 11-12 minutes, add your chickpeas, quinoa, and greens of choice.
- Stir well to combine and then add your liquid aminos. Stir and taste. Adjust spices as needed. Right before serving, add your cashews – mix in and serve piping hot. Enjoy!