Flourless chickpea brownies are fudgy and packed full of delicious chocolate flavor. These protein-packed brownies make a healthy dessert or snack any time of the day! Chickpeas are a fairly neutral-flavored bean and once combined with all the other ingredients there isn’t a hint of bean anywhere. These brownies are dense and fudgy, with the perfect amount of sweetness from the maple syrup and dark chocolate.
Flourless Chickpea Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an 8X8" baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients except for the chocolate. Process for 3-5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl down once or twice until the batter is very smooth.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the chocolate. Stir the remaining chocolate into the brownie batter.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and use a spatula to smooth the top into an even layer. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate on top.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting. Enjoy!