Flourless chickpea brownies are fudgy and packed full of delicious chocolate flavor. These protein-packed brownies make a healthy dessert or snack any time of the day! Chickpeas are a fairly neutral-flavored bean and once combined with all the other ingredients there isn’t a hint of bean anywhere. These brownies are dense and fudgy, with the perfect amount of sweetness from the maple syrup and dark chocolate.
Flourless Chickpea Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Flourless Chickpea Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
How to Prepare Flourless Chickpea Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an 8X8" baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients except for the chocolate. Process for 3-5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl down once or twice until the batter is very smooth.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the chocolate. Stir the remaining chocolate into the brownie batter.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and use a spatula to smooth the top into an even layer. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate on top.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.