Food allergies are one of the top concerns among people today, along with digestive disorders, autoimmune disease, and health concerns related to food allergies. Wheat, soy, and dairy are three of the top allergens. Luckily, they are totally unnecessary to make a delicious dessert. If you’re a plant-based eater, dairy is likely already out of the picture for you, but many people also may have to cut out gluten and soy as well. While you can certainly find many processed desserts at the store without these ingredients it’s much more tasty and fulfilling to make something at home yourself. Forget the fact that these desserts are gluten-free and soy-free—their flavor, beautiful appeal, and their easy-to-prepare nature will win you over in no time!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Amaretto Chocolate Cream Cake
Source: Amaretto Chocolate Cake
Don’t let the looks of Clémence Moulaert‘s Amaretto Chocolate Cake fool you—it’s so easy to make! Amaretto gives desserts an amazing nutty, sweet, and exotic flavor. If you don’t want the alcoholic liquor, look for alcohol-free extract instead. Or, go with the original recipe and treat yourself to a dessert worth sharing with friends!
2. Lemon Cashew Tarts
Source: Lemon Cashew Tarts
Lemon desserts are perfect for summer, and they make for one of the best refreshments in place of chocolate desserts. Lemons are also bright, cheerful, so good for you, and pair perfectly with cashews to make creamy desserts like tarts. Skip the cream cheese and Judy Moosmueller‘s Lemon Cashew Tarts instead!
3. Raspberry and Coconut-Glazed Donuts
Creamy, rich, and perfect little bite-sized desserts, donuts are a great option to make in place of other types of desserts you might normally go for (cookies, cupcakes, etc.). The pink filling in these Raspberry and Coconut-Glazed Donuts is thanks to the raspberries used, which give this recipe by Christina Ross quite the little berry-flavored touch!
4. Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Blizzard
Missing cold, creamy blizzard desserts? Make Shannon Hickman‘s Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Blizzard! If you’re a strict soy-free eater, check your dark chocolate bar to make sure there’s no soy included since some vegan brands and non-vegan brands may include it. Or, you can just use raw cacao and call it a day!
5. Raw Raspberry Cheesecake
Source: Raw Raspberry Cheesecake
Raspberry cheesecake is a great recipe to enjoy when you’re not in the mood for chocolate (which yes, sometimes happens!). Which makes Josephine Watmore‘s Raw Raspberry Cheesecake perfect because it’s easy to make, fruit, creamy, and the perfect way to satisfy your craving.
6. Summer Berry Cashew Cream Pie
Source: Summer Berry Cashew Cream Pie
Looking for a Memorial Day dessert or just something fresh and light? Emily von Euw‘s Summer Berry Cashew Cream Pie is the answer! Filled with a creamy filling that’s non-dairy and soy-free, it’s an easy recipe to make that’s also good for you too!
7. Raw Peppermint Oreos Dipped in Dark Chocolate
Oreos are technically vegan, that’s something most people know. What they’re not, however, is filled with delicious, natural ingredients like Emily von Euw‘s Raw Peppermint Oreos Dipped in Dark Chocolate which are totally raw and have a nice minty filling. If you love York Peppermint Patties these are right up your alley!
8. Chocolate Cupcakes With Mint Avocado Icing
Looking for more ways to use those ripe avocados you’ve got lying around? Try these Chocolate Cupcakes With Mint Avocado Icing. Avocado can be whipped into ‘buttery’ spreads just like buttercream because it’s creamy nature will take on the flavors of whatever you blend it with. Make vanilla, chocolate, or in this case, a yummy and light, seasonal mint frosting. It melds into the chocolate cupcakes just perfectly!
9. Creamy Coconut Mango Pops (With a Booze Option)
Source: Creamy Coconut Mango Pops
Oh boy—don’t Dora Daily‘s Creamy Coconut Mango Pops look like a doozy of a recipe? Summer is the time where frozen treats just bring a smile to our face anytime of the day or night. They’re easy, quick to enjoy, and these pops even have a booze option if that’s up your alley too! Either way, non-alcoholic or not, they’re perfect for summer sweets and are 100 percent easy to make!
10. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Butter Cream Cups
How does life get any better than with a batch of Emily von Euw‘s Peanut Butter and Chocolate Butter Cream Cups in your kitchen? Oh wait, did we mention they’re raw? Yep, you can make a batch of these and give them to your friends, then proceed to watch them gasp as you tell them how easy and amazing for you they are.
11. Vegan Chocolate Caramel Slice
Source: Vegan Chocolate Caramel Slice
Caramel desserts are like a little piece of heaven! But skip the Snickers and make Laura Peill‘s Vegan Chocolate Caramel Slice instead, which are easy, healthy, and so indulgent-tasting. You’ll want to keep a batch on hand in the freezer when those hankerings hit hard—because you know they will!
12. No Bake Sweet Potato Bars With A Gingerbread Crust
Also a winner are Jenné Claiborne‘s No Bake Sweet Potato Bars With A Gingerbread Crust that require no baking whatsoever as long as you have some sweet potato purée on hand. Almonds make the dish sorta nutty, sweet, and boost the protein content, while the coconut and other sweet ingredients round out the flavors. These bars have no refined sugar and can be whipped up in just a food processor or a high-speed blender.
13. Crunchy Almond Butter Soft Serve Ice Cream
Soft serve is a classic everyone loves and is so easy to make without the cow’s milk! Try this Crunchy Almond Butter Soft Serve Ice Cream by Pauline Hanuise which features rich—and uber-healthy— almond butter that adds just the right touch to the rest of this recipe. Spoons up!
14. Cinnamon Coconut New York Style ‘Cheesecake’
Many vegan cheesecakes are made with either tofu, cashews, or some other type of nut. Some also have lots of oil … but not this one! Brandi Doming‘s Cinnamon Coconut New York Style ‘Cheesecake’ is like no other cheesecake you’ll ever make and actually has that nice, fluffy, and creamy texture that makes traditional cheesecake so amazing. Let go of the dairy and dive into this healthy and delicious treat instead!
15. Black Sesame Cherry and Chocolate Coconut Bars
Aren’t Laura Peill‘s Black Sesame Cherry and Chocolate Coconut Bars a beauty!? Chocolate cherry is an amazing combination to try if you haven’t yet. But adding coconut and sesame adds a sweet, nutty, and exotic flavor that really takes things to a new level. Bonus? These are totally raw and 100 percent easy to make!
Still hungry? See all our vegan desserts here to explore more options!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Popular Trends Archives!
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes. It is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.