I decided to make inside-out Reeses cups. For the filling, as I hope you already surmised, I used my *famous* chocolate butter cream recipe (it's not truly famous, but I just love it a lot so it's a celeb in my world). To make the outside of the cups, I combined tahini (sesame seed butter) with peanut butter and coconut oil. The coconut oil allows the nut/seed butter to become solid when refrigerated. Heh heh heh - I'm so clever.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Buttercream Cups [Raw Vegan]
- 1 cup dates
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a Pinch of salt
For the Outside:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tahini
To Make the Chocolate Buttercream:
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight so it can develop those magical flavors, then spread evenly into your crust.
- Stir the outside layer ingredients together in a bowl over steaming water until melted and combined.
- Pour 1/3 of this into the bottoms of cupcake papers and try to get some around the sides.
- Freeze until solid.
- Pour a little more around the sides and freeze until solid again.
- Fill with the butter cream then cover with the remaining nut/seed butter mixture.
- Freeze for 10-30 minutes then GOBBLE.
You can use whatever nut/seed butter(s) you want. Also: try to be patient and let the butter cream sit in the fridge overnight, it becomes exactly 1 million times more amazing.