This delicious cashew cream pie comes together in no time — you can whip it up in the afternoon and have it ready in the evening! Fresh blueberries and strawberries sit atop a thick cashew cream in a simple crust made from just oats and dates. This cashew cream pie is refreshing and not too sweet. Serve with extra berries and a few sprigs of fresh mint. It's such a beautiful dessert that tastes just as good as it looks!
Summer Berry Cashew Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Summer Berry Cashew Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups dates
For the Cream:
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- Water, as needed
For the Topping:
- Sliced strawberries
- Anything else you like
How to Prepare Summer Berry Cashew Cream Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Process the oats into flour in a blender or food processor. If you're using a food processor, add in the dates and process until it all sticks together. If you're using a blender, dump the oat flour into a bowl and combine the dates and oat flour together with your hands until it all is evenly gooey. This will take a few minutes and you will have to get your hands a bit dirty. Press this "dough" into a pie dish and put in the fridge.
To Make the Cream:
- Blend everything together until it's smooth and thick, adding water as needed. You want it to be the texture of thick yogurt. Pour this into your crust and leave in the fridge for three hours or preferably overnight. Decorate with berries and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2904 | Total Carbs: 319 g | Total Fat: 155 g | Total Protein: 69 g | Total Sodium: 484 g | Total Sugar: 113 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.