This meal plan is for when you’re looking for some delicious and cheap meals! It’s super helpful to know what you can do with that can of beans, or those potatoes in the back of your pantry. However, when you do have the make the trip to the grocery store, even if it’s done online, and you’re looking to keep the costs on the low side, this is the meal plan for you! These meals focus on affordable produce like onions, potatoes, beans, rice, bananas and vegetables. If you find that you don’t have a certain ingredient, substitute it out for what you do have on hand or what’s available at the store nearest to you.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you ideas on how to make cheap meals based on pantry goods for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! If you’re looking for cheap meals that you can make from pantry goods, this is the week for you! For the veggie wrap, feel free to fill wrap with any veggies you have on hand or that are on sale! Also, you can substitute the leek in soup for scallion or onion.
- Breakfast: Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos by Compassionate Cuisine, Linda Soper-Kolton and Sara Boan
- Lunch: Made-In-Minutes Veggie Hummus Wrap by Natalie Martin MS, RD and Lexie Staten MS, RD
- Dinner: Creamy Green Broccoli Soup by Olivia Budgen
- Dessert: No-Bake Crispy Chocolate Freezer Snacks by Lisa Dawn Angerame
It’s Tuesday, and what better way to start your day than with a chocolate peanut butter banana muffin! If you don’t have chocolate chips in your pantry, you can simply leave them out. End the day on a beautifully chocolate note with a deliciously easy smoothie that tastes just like dessert!
- Breakfast: Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins by Angelina Papanikolaou
- Lunch: Meal Prep Sesame Tofu Bowls by Caroline Doucet
- Dinner: Cauliflower Chickpea Curry by Harriet Porterfield
- Dessert: Snickers Smoothie by Chickpea Express
Source: Spiced Lentil Freezer Meal
Happy Hump Day! Start your day with a cheap meal like this simple oatmeal that’s flavored with vanilla and enjoy a filling chili for lunch! Feel free to use whatever toppings you have on hand that work best for you! Your day will come to a chill end with a wonderfully easy three-ingredient cookie! These cheap meals are so easy to make, too!
- Breakfast: Vanilla Oatmeal by Desiree Rodriguez
- Lunch: Best Vegan Chili by Hannah Sunderani
- Dinner: Spiced Lentil Freezer Meal by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Dessert: 3-Ingredient Raisin Oat Cookies by Hayley Canning
Source: Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
This week is moving fast but these cheap meals have your back! If you’re worried about what’s left in your pantry and how to use it up, we’ve got you covered! These banana muffins make a great breakfast that will leave you with a enough for another breakfast or snack. If you’re wanting to make the pasta, you can leave the capers out and just enjoy a simplified version.
- Breakfast: Banana Muffins by Wendy Irene
- Lunch: Pasta Puttanesca by Lenia Patsi
- Dinner: Lentil Carrot Meatballs by Maryke Wylde
- Dessert: Peanut Butter Banana Brownies by Lenny Wu
Happy Friday! Close out the week with these easy overnight oats that have a bit of coffee in them! If you’ve got wilting broccoli or extra pasta, you can easily make this broccoli pasta! Curry is a great way to use vegetables and cans of beans. This one uses chickpeas! End the day with another cheap meal like this quick mug cake that you can eat as you watch your favorite show.
- Breakfast: Coffee Chia Overnight Oats by Lenny Wu
- Lunch: Baked Pasta With Broccoli by Lenia Patsi
- Dinner: Hearty Curry With Chickpeas, Beans, and Potatoes by Nele Liivlaid
- Dessert: 2-Minute Fluffy Vanilla Mug Cake by Hayley Canning
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.