If you’re looking for the best vegan chili recipe then you’ve come to the right place. This vegan chili is easy to make, healthy and wholesome. It’s packed with protein using 3-beans: white beans, kidney and black beans. Needless to say it’s a hearty dish that you can enjoy for a quick dinner. Best of all, this recipe is quick to make. You can have piping hot dinner for six in just 40 minutes, with little work involved! It’s flavor rich and satiating. And makes for a great meal prep dish to enjoy throughout the week. Simply re-heat and eat.
Best Vegan Chili [Vegan]
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped (about 3 carrots)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can white beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- In a large pot add onion, garlic, carrots, coconut oil and sea salt. Bring to medium heat and cook to soften (10 minutes). Add bell peppers and continue cooking to soften (10 more minutes).
- Open canned beans, strain and rinse well. Add beans to pot with canned tomatoes and water. Stir to combine. Bring to a low simmer, then spice chili with cayenne pepper flakes, cumin, and paprika. Add lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- Serve chili in bowls with bread, tortilla chips or scooped onto rice.
Recipe will keep in fridge for up to one week. Meal prep for quick lunch or easy dinners. Recipe can also be frozen. Store in air tight containers for up to one month.