Soups have so many great benefits. They are quick to make, you can pack and hide tons of vegetables in them and if blended, they are pre-digested which makes them easier to absorb.
Creamy Green Broccoli Soup [Vegan]
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Filtered water to cover vegetables
- Heat a little water in a saucepan and add minced garlic, cumin and leek.
- Stir over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add broccoli and potatoes and enough water to cover vegetables.
- Turn the heat down and allow to simmer until vegetables are tender (15-20 minutes).
- If desired, steam some of the left over broccoli to garnish the soup.
- Allow to cool a little, then transfer veggies to a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with extra black pepper and steamed florets.