An easy, healthy dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth! Even better when topped with dairy-free ice cream. What a great dessert!
Peanut Butter Banana Brownies [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter, or nut / seed butter of choice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup flour, use gluten-free if needed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a baking pan (7 x7 works well).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, peanut butter, applesauce, and maple syrup.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. If desired, also add in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Whisk the mixture until combined, then pour into the baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once the brownies have cooled completely, slice and enjoy!