This Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffin recipe is the best! These gluten-free muffins are moist, dairy free, and loaded with chocolate chips. This one-bowl Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffin recipe is dairy free, gluten free, low fat, with a vegan option!
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins [Vegan]
- 2 medium bananas (215 g) , mashed
- 1 cup (120 g) powder peanut butter
- 3/4 cups (180 ml) dairy-free milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons-1/4 cup (22 g – 45 g) coconut sugar (adjust depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (84 g) oat flour*
- 2/3 cup (70 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (20 g) cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (130 g) mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 18 muffin liners in two standard 12-cup muffin pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix mashed bananas, powdered peanut butter, milk, maple syrup, and coconut sugar.
- Add in flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Add oat flour, oats, cacao, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to wet ingredients and mix until well all of the ingredients are incorporated and there are no more dry spots.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop or a measuring cup to pour 1/3 cup of batter into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool muffins on a wire rack.
*If you do not have oat flour, don’t worry! It is so easy to make your own. All you need is a blender or food processor and oats. Either old-fashioned or quick cooking oats can be used to make oat flour. The ratio of oats to oat flour is about 2:1. So, 2 cups of oats will make about 1 cup of oat flour. Add the oats to your blender or food processor and blend until the oats turn into a fine powder.