Slow cooked spiced lentils, cooked and frozen for later! These little freezer packs of cooked spiced lentils are great because all you have to do is thaw them out and serve with rice, potatoes, or naan bread for a complete meal with plenty of protein!
Spiced Lentil Freezer Meal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Spiced Lentil Freezer Meal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups red lentils, rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
How To Make Spiced Lentil Freezer Meal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Let cool and scoop individual portions into storage containers or plastic bags. Place in the freezer and thaw as needed.
- Top with fresh cilantro, roasted pumpkin seeds, and serve with brown basmati rice, quinoa, or naan.
- Red Lentil
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving Calories: 244 | Carbs: 45 g | Fat: 0 g | Protein: 15 g | Sodium: 8 mg | Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile