Indian cuisine has so many delicious flavors. That’s why it’s so fun to use those flavors and get inspiration from Indian dishes when trying recipes from other cuisines. Enter Indian fusion. It’s the perfect way for picky eaters to branch out, by keeping some things familiar but also introducing some newer flavors. Indian fusion cooking is also great if you’re getting bored in the kitchen. Shaking things up is always a great way to feel a little more excited about your next meal. Bored of your normal tofu scramble? Try a Tandoori tofu scramble! The same goes for so many other dishes you can think of. The options are basically endless when it comes to Indian fusion!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Indian Recipes Archives!
1. Spicy Indian Scrambled Tofu
Source: Spicy Indian Scrambled Tofu
2. Indian Style Tadka Pasta
Source: Indian Style Tadka Pasta
3. Vegetable Stir-Fry With Bengali Five-Spice and Split Peas
A colorful, seasonal stir-fry made with mixed seasonal vegetables like carrots and potatoes! It’s flavored with Indian spices and dried chili peppers, making this a go-to dish for winter. And this Vegetable Stir-Fry With Bengali Five-Spice and Split Peas by Rinku Bhattacharya is so easy to make, it’s sure to be your new favorite recipe!
4. Tandoori Masala Black Bean Cheeseburgers With Caramelized Onions and Chips
This recipe combines the zesty spice of Indian masala with a classic black bean cheeseburger. Add some caramelized onions and freshly baked potato chips and you have an insanely delicious burger! Oh, and don’t forget to layer on the melty cheese! You’ll love Carla Rendon and Jessica Ruiz‘s Tandoori Masala Black Bean Cheeseburgers With Caramelized Onions and Chips!
5. Indian-Spiced Lentil Soup With Creamy Coconut Milk
This flavorful Indian-Spiced Lentil Soup With Creamy Coconut Milk by Liz Moody waltzes the line between sweet and savory, with creaminess from the coconut milk. While most recipes cook garlic in the beginning, in this one, you chop it 20 minutes prior, which allows you to get the full benefits and flavor. The flavors of this soup only get better with time — so go ahead and cooka big batch every time you make it and enjoy it throughout the week.
6. Indian Golden Mashed Potatoes With Curried Gravy
With potatoes, a blend of Indian spices, and peas as a garnish, these Indian Golden Mashed Potatoes With Curried Gravy by Melanie Sorrentino are kind of like a deconstructed samosa. Red potatoes are mashed with onion, cumin, mustard seeds, coriander, and turmeric. Then, they’re topped with a curry-inspired gravy made from tomatoes, coconut milk, and even more spices. Serve these Indian mashed potatoes with steamed vegetables and naan. It’s a wonderfully filling and flavorful meal.
7. Indian Style Peanut Noodles
Source: Indian Style Peanut Noodles
Peanut noodles made in Indian style is a delicious one pot meal with veggies, noodles and spicy peanut powder. This Indian Style Peanut Noodles by Pavani Nandula is a 30 minute meal that is perfect for any weeknight.
8. Tandoori Sweet Potato Sandwich
Source: Tandoori Sweet Potato Sandwich
Put an interesting spin on your usual lunch with this Tandoori Sweet Potato Sandwich by Tina Dawson. Sweet potato is soaked in a flavor-packed marinade and then roasted until perfectly crisp on the outside — and the packs quite a punch! Serve the tandoori sweet potatoes hot with a creamy mint chutney while the crispness still lasts! It’ll still taste great when it goes cold and soft, but then, why would you let such deliciousness sit out for that long without purpose?
9. Indian Tikka Masala Pizzas
Source: Indian Tikka Masala Pizzas
These Indian Tikka Masala Pizzas by Tori Cooper are some of the most creatively delicious pizzas you’ll ever make! Spicy and saucy cauliflower tikka masala on top of crispy homemade whole wheat pizza crusts … are you hungry yet? Because they’re meant to be served individually, these pizzas would be the perfect appetizers for any party.
10. Indian 7-Layer Dip
Source: Indian 7-Layer Dip
The classic seven-layer dip recipe gets a healthier, Indian makeover! This Indian 7-Layer Dip by Taylor Kiser is loaded with spicy, flavors and is gluten-free, too! What’s in it? Spiced lentils that have the texture of refried beans, cucumber, spiced cauliflower, curry tomato sauce, vegan yogurt, fresh tomato, and cilantro! Perfect for game day
11. Tandoori Tofu Scramble Tacos
Source: Tandoori Tofu Scramble Tacos
Tired of basic brunch ideas? Try these Tandoori Tofu Scramble Tacos by Maya Sozer! The scramble is packed with flavor and just the right amount of spice then placed on a corn tortilla with a bit of arugula, avocado, red cabbage, and red onions. These handheld delights are the perfect way to start out your day.
12. Curry Burger With Mango Chutney
Source: Curry Burger With Mango Chutney
This fusion Curry Burger With Mango Chutney by Ida Hemmingsson combines the warm fragrant spices of India – curry, coriander, chili – with chickpeas, green peas, and sticky dates. Topped with mango chutney, it’s everything you love about an Indian curry, but in burger form! Use the chili powder as liberally or conservatively as you want.
13. Indian Spiced Popcorn Cauliflower
This phytonutrient-rich cauliflower is so addictively crispy, tender, and perfect that you will want to eat every last piece. You will love this recipe for Indian Spiced Popcorn Cauliflower by The Living Kitchen, Tamara Green and Sarah Grossman, and remember, sharing is optional.
14. Coconut Kinako Dango: Indian and Japanese Rice Dumpling Fusion
Dango is a Japanese sweet dumpling made from rice flour called mochi. It’s sweet, doughy, and it also happens to be very similar to Kozhukattai, a South Indian rice flour dumpling usually filled with sweet or savory fillings. This recipe unites the two into one. When you bite into it, it’s very soft, and you get a nutty whiff of the roasted soy flour. The stretchy dango is interspersed with the crunchy sweet coconut filling, making for a very interesting mouthful. You really can’t stop with one! You have to try Coconut Kinako Dango: Indian and Japanese Rice Dumpling Fusion by Tina Dawson!
15. Tandoori Masala Sandwich With Cheese
This Tandoori Masala Sandwich With Cheese by Carla Rendon and Jessica Ruiz is quick, easy, and bursting with flavor. It is comprised of tender chickpeas that are cooked with garlic, onions, a striking blend of spices, and topped off with a slice of vegan cheese. Plus, you will have more tandoori chickpeas than you can fit onto a sandwich so there will be leftovers for another lunch.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.