A colorful, seasonal stir-fry made with mixed seasonal vegetables like carrots and potatoes! It's flavored with Indian spices and dried chili peppers, making this a go-to dish for winter. And it's so easy to make, it's sure to be your new favorite recipe!
Vegetable Stir-Fry With Bengali Five-Spice and Split Peas [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon oil (preferably mustard or olive oil)
- 11/2 teaspoons panchphoron (Bengali Five Spice Blend)
- 1-2 dried red chili peppers
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup split peas, soaked overnight
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- In a large cooking pot, heat the oil and add in the panchphoron and wait until the seeds begin to crackle, andthen add in the dried red chilis.
- In a few minutes, add in the red onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in all the vegetables and the split peas with a little salt and about 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cover and cook until the water is evaporated.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.