This Indian style tadka pasta needs just a few ingredients to make and tastes absolutely delicious. This 30 minute meal is perfect for a quick meal or pack for lunch.
Indian Style Tadka Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 cup Penne or Shortcut Pasta
- 2 teaspoon vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1-2 Dry Red Chilies, broken
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 cups Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala, optional
- Salt to taste
Cook pasta accordingly to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve the cooking liquid.
In a pan, melt the vegan butter/oil and add the mustard, cumin seeds, red chilies and curry leaves; once the seeds start pop, add the onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant and the onions are getting lightly browned around the edges.
Add spinach and chickpeas; cook till spinach is wilted, about 3~4 minutes.
Season with salt and add the pasta. Stir in the pasta cooking water to get the desired consistency. Serve hot and ENJOY!!