This spaghetti squash with sun-dried tomato pesto will become a fan-favorite in your household. Roasted spaghetti squash noodles are tossed with a savory sun-dried tomato pesto with fresh basil and pine nuts, sweet caramelized onions, and a sprinkle of vegan goat cheese. It can be eaten as a side, or as a main dish. It also stays great in a refrigerator for a few days and makes the perfect to-go lunch.
Spaghetti Squash With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Squash:
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup vegan goat cheese
- A handful of parsley, chopped
To Make the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- Place your sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, toasted pine nuts, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until a paste forms. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To Make the Squash:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Cut your squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and brush the flesh with olive oil
- Place your squash face down on your baking sheet, and place in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until tender.
- Once cooled, take a fork and begin to scrape out your squash. It should scrape rather easy, and resemble spaghetti. If your squash is too hard to scrape, it needs to be cooked longer.
To Make the Dish:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan. Chop your onion and add it to the pan on medium-low heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes, mixing constantly.
- Next, add your sun-dried tomato pesto to the pan on medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Add your squash and mix well, until it is well coated in the pesto .
- Add the pine nuts, vegan goat cheese, and parsley.