If you love stuffed mushrooms, you will love these juicy Crimini mushroom appetizers. They are stuffed with velvety cashew cheese that has been flavored with tahini and spiced with rosemary, thyme, and lemon juice and warmed in the oven for a few minutes before serving. Pop one in your mouth and see for yourself how they explode with herb and garlic flavor! These are melt-in-your-mouth good and totally party worthy.
Cashew Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Mushrooms:
- 24 Crimini mushrooms
For the Cashew Cheese:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked at least 2 hours
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked overnight, or for 1 hour in boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the cashew cheese, blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Once the cheese is done, take a damp paper towel and wipe down each mushroom.
- Twist each mushroom stem out to create a hollow center.
- Spoon in the cashew cheese and top each mushroom with a sprig of thyme.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or 375°F for 20 minutes. Serve.