After a day full of delicious holiday foods, the last thing you’ll want to do is cook breakfast. Chances are you’re all cooked out! However, if you plan one of these amazing festive recipes for the morning after your Thanksgiving festivities, you may be looking forward to making breakfast even more than Thanksgiving dinner! They’re full of holiday flavors and delicious. Check out these dishes shared by the amazing bloggers that we found on our Food Monster App for all of your breakfast or brunch inspiration!
1. Simple Stuffed Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Image Source: Simple Stuffed Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
Mmmm, sweet potatoes for breakfast! These Simple Stuffed Breakfast Sweet Potatoes from Crissy Cavanaugh seriously couldn’t be an easier recipe – yet it feels like the fanciest thing you could ever eat. Warm sweet potatoes dripping with almond butter and stuffed with your favorite granola … hello, can it be morning all day?
2. Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Waffles
Image Source: Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Waffles
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Waffles from Sara Grandominico are so soft and perfectly sweet and spiced! Healthy, grain-free, and naturally sweet. The banana flour gives such a great thick, dense, almost chewy texture. So perfect for waffles.
3. Buckwheat Apple Pie Pancakes
Image Source: Buckwheat Apple Pie Pancakes
What’s better than apple pie? How about Buckwheat Apple Pie Pancakes from Holly Bertone? These pancakes are made with buckwheat, which is gluten-free. They are also vegan. And they taste like apple pie. Can you think of anything better than eating a stack of these on a crisp, autumn morning? They’re also perfect to serve your holiday guests for breakfast or brunch.
Gratitude: Plant-Based Thanksgiving Cookbook
No other holiday captures the spirit of home cooking the way Thanksgiving does. This is why you need the ultimate Thanksgiving cookbook, One Green Planet’s Gratitude: Plant-Based Recipes to Create your own Thanksgiving Tradition! In the cookbook, you’ll find our 100 most popular plant-based thanksgiving recipes like Soft Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts, Spiced Apple Cake with Cashew Frosting, Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding with Nut Crumble Topping, Cinnamon Apple Hand Pies, and hearty entrees like Roast Root Vegetable Stack With Dukkah, Vegducken: Butternut Squash Stuffed With Eggplant, Zucchini, and a Mushroom Lentil Stuffing, and Seitan Roast With Sausage and Pear Stuffing and Apple Cider Gravy and so much more!
4. Quinoa Breakfast Bowls with Cinnamon Apples and Agave
Image Source: Quinoa Breakfast Bowls with Cinnamon Apples and Agave
This amazing Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Cinnamon Apples and Agave from Jamie Bevia is kind of like oatmeal, but better, and will keep you full until lunch! Packed with flavor and vitamins, it makes for the perfect way to start the day. This makes a great breakfast on the weekends when you have a little more time. You can’t rush perfection. Sprinkle with some slivered raw almonds or anything that excites you in the morning!
5. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Image Source: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
If you’re looking to manifest your affinity for pumpkin, you’ve met your match with these vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing from Gabrielle St. Claire! Pumpkin purée is mixed in the dough and both the dough and filling are infused with pumpkin spice for extra fall flavor. Pour on a heavy drizzle of cream cheese icing and get ready for the most delicious, seasonal breakfast you’ve ever had.
6. Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
Image Source: Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
This Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl recipe by Amy Height is super yummy. Like, extra super yummy because of how easy it is to make. A savory way to enjoy complex-carbohydrate-rich sweet potatoes for breakfast.
7. Nut and Fruit Breakfast Loaf
Image Source: Nut and Fruit Breakfast Loaf
Breakfast bread is easy to make and the ingredients can encompass anything you’re craving or have on hand! If you’re looking for an effortless morning go-to that’s packed with everything from nuts, oats, and carrots, to cranberries, you need this recipe for a Nut and Fruit Breakfast Loaf from Gabrielle St. Claire.
8. Apple, Pecan, and Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Image Source: Apple, Pecan, and Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Such a classic combo, but for good reason! The cinnamon adds a lovely warming spice, making this flavor combo perfect for the colder months. You’ve got to make these Apple, Pecan, and Cinnamon Overnight Oats from Sophie Parker!
9. Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
Image Source: Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
Pumpkin, oats, spices – in pancake form…Yes, please. To make it even easier, you can throw everything into a blender and blend your way to some perfect pancakes. This is the epitome of lazy fall breakfasts, my friends. They are also gluten and oil-free, with a no-sugar option!? Yessir. This simple recipe for Pumpkin Oat Pancakes from Nicole Dunai is perfect for those mornings when you crawl out of bed, plop your feet into some fuzzy slippers, and need a meal that makes you feel all snug and cozy on the inside.
10. Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato with Coconut Date Crunch
Image Source: Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato with Coconut Date Crunch
Sweet potato for breakfast? Yes, please! In this recipe for Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato with Coconut Date Crunch from Lena Pfetzer, tender sweet potatoes are stuffed with a super creamy vanilla oatmeal, a two-ingredient raspberry jam, and an addictively crunchy toasted coconut date crunch. Drizzle with peanut butter and top with seasonal berries as a finishing touch.
11. Apple Pie Streusel Muffins
Image Source: Apple Pie Streusel Muffins
12. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Image Source: Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
This Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats recipe from Danielle Joy tastes exactly like pumpkin pie! It’s topped with homemade pumpkin butter that takes less than 2 minutes to make. Pumpkins are very low in calories, and they support the immune system. Pecans are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. They also contain healthy fats and lots of fiber.
13. Kale, Sweet Potato, and Tempeh Breakfast Hash
Image Source: Kale, Sweet Potato, and Tempeh Breakfast Hash
Breakfast hashes make for a filling breakfast, but they’re often served with eggs. For a plant-based alternative, you can use tempeh, which not only provides a good source of protein but also helps make the dish heartier. And, if you’re short on time, you can always microwave the sweet potato instead of baking it, which will cut down your cooking time by about 15 minutes. Try this Kale, Sweet Potato, and Tempeh Breakfast Hash from Plant Protein Recipes That You’ll Love!
14. Sweet Potato Date Muffins
Image Source: Sweet Potato Date Muffins
These Sweet Potato Date Muffins from Cora Matheson are wholesome and filling, yet delectably sweet and moist using whole grains and minimal ingredients. They combine the dynamite combination of sweet potatoes and dates which will be sure to make your next breakfast or snack a real sweet treat.
Image Source: Sweet Potato Waffles
With all the sweet potatoes that are going to be on our grocery lists this season, we want to include them in as many meals as possible – including breakfast! These Sweet Potato Waffles by Stephanie Davies will allow you to enjoy this awesome ingredient like never before.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!