If you’re looking to manifest your affinity for pumpkin, you’ve met your match with these vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing! Pumpkin purée is mixed in the dough and both the dough and filling are infused with pumpkin spice for extra fall flavor. Pour on a heavy drizzle of cream cheese icing and get ready for the most delicious, seasonal breakfast you've ever had.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls [Vegan]
7 large or 14 small
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls [Vegan]
For the Rolls:
- 3/4 cup almond milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
For the Filling:
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
For the Frosting:
- 2/3 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, as needed
How to Prepare Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Dissolve your yeast in your warmed almond milk in a large bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Add in your pumpkin, butter, brown sugar, salt, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon into your milk. combine. Gradually add flour mixing between each pour. Mix everything together.
- When the dough starts to pull from the edges, knead for 5 minutes until a large ball is formed.
- Remove your dough ball from the bowl and drizzle oil in the bowl to prevent it from sticking. Put your dough back into the bowl and cover your bowl with a towel. Turn off oven and leave it to rise in there for at last 45 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Lightly flour your counter top and roll your dough into a rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick and about 16x22 inches.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Coat your dough with your melted butter, then brown sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice, covering it completely. Sprinkle toasted pecans.
- Roll your dough from the top edge to the bottom edge (so the roll is 22 inches).
- Carefully cut your roll into 1-inch slices for small cinnamon rolls and 2-inch for large and place them in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes.
- While they are baking combine your ingredients for the frosting. Add a little more powdered sugar or a little more milk if you need to change the consistency of your frosting.
- Remove the rolls from the oven when their done and allow them to cool for a few minutes before applying the frosting generously. Top with additional pecans, optional.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Large Roll: Calories: 809 | Carbs: 108 g | Fat: 38 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 653 mg | Sugar: 54 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.