This recipe is super yummy. Like, extra super yummy because of how easy it is to make. A savory way to enjoy complex-carbohydrate rich sweet potatoes for breakfast.
Savory Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about two cloves)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 8-ounce can sweet potato puree or 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat until glistening.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and sautee until wilted, 1 minute more.
- Scoop sweet potatoes into a bowl -- if you'd like these warmed, transfer to a small saute pan and heat for 30-60 seconds over medium heat until warmed through.
- Top sweet potatoes with spinach, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sweet Potato