Breakfast breads are easy to make and the ingredients can encompass anything you’re craving or have on hand! If you’re looking for an effortless morning go-to that’s packed with everything from nuts, oats, carrots, to cranberries..you need this recipe.
Nut and Fruit Breakfast Loaf [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted pepitas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons vegan egg replacer (combined with 1/2 cup almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup smooth applesauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded or peeled carrots (2 carrots)
- 1 cup shredded/grated apple (about 1 apple)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 8x8-inch loaf pan by greasing the bottom and sides (you can grease with coconut oil or butter). Lightly dust with flour and shake out excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nuts, and cranberries. Whisk together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vegan eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, oil, applesauce, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir a few times, add carrots and grated apple. Fold everything together gently just until combined and no flour pockets remain. Add to the pan and top with additional nuts, cranberries, and oats. If you're dough is too dry, add almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.