Sweet potato for breakfast? Yes, please! Tender sweet potatoes are stuffed with a super creamy vanilla oatmeal, a two-ingredient raspberry jam, and an addictively crunchy toasted coconut date crunch. Drizzle with peanut butter and top with seasonal berries as a finishing touch.
Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato With Coconut Date Crunch [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Peanut butter
- Seasonal fruits
For the Creamy Vanilla Oatmeal:
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon gluten-free oats
- Scant 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- A pinch of salt
For the Raspberry Chia Jam:
- Scant 1/2 cup rasperries
- 3 teaspoons chia seeds
For the Coconut Date Crunch:
- 5 Medjool dates
- 7/8 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free oats
To Make the Vanilla Oatmeal:
- In a saucepan, combine the water and milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir oats into the simmering water/milk mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is very thick.
- Stir in salt. Continue to simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally until almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let the oatmeal rest for 5 minutes before serving so it has more time to thicken up and cool down.
To Make the Raspberry Chia Jam:
- In a bowl, mash raspberries with a fork and add chia seeds.
- Let them soak for at least 20 minutes.
To Make the Coconut Date Crunch:
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Pit dates, add everything to a food processor, and mix until it sticks together.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- With a fork pierce the sweet potatoes several times and then put them into the oven for about 40 minutes or until done.
- Fill with oatmeal and raspberry jam. Drizzle with peanut butter, date-coconut crunch, and seasonal fruit.
- Sweet Potato