Tired of basic brunch ideas? So are we which is why were are so excited about these tandoori breakfast tacos. The tandoori tofu scramble is packed with flavor and just the right amount of spice then placed on a corn tortilla with a bit of arugula, avocado, red cabbage, and red onions. These handheld delights are the perfect way to start out your day.
Tandoori Tofu Scramble Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tandoori Tofu Scramble:
- 8 ounces super firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon tandoori spice blend
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans
- 2 large kale leaves, destemmed and chopped coarsely
For the Tacos:
- Soft shell corn tortillas, gluten-free if needed
- 1 handful of arugula
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced or shredded
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed with salt
- Red pepper flakes, as needed
To Make the Scramble:
- Crumble the tofu and set aside. In a large sautéeing pan medium-hight heat, add the olive oil, red onion, garlic, green onions and the tandoor spice.
- Cook this for 1 minute and add tomato paste, tofu crumbles, and kidney beans. Stir this well and cook it for 2 more minutes.
- Add the kale and cook the mixture for 1 more minute.
To Make the Tacos:
- Warm up the tortillas in a pan and once they are warm remove them.
- Add the arugula, the tandoori tofu scramble, red cabbage, red onion, and avocado. Sprinkle the tacos with salt and red pepper flakes as needed.