Peanut noodles made in Indian style is a delicious one pot meal with veggies, noodles and spicy peanut powder. This is a 30 minute meal that is perfect for any weeknight.
Indian Style Peanut Noodles [Vegan]
For the Noodles:
- 8 ounces Noodles - Udon, Soba or Spaghetti would work here
- 2 tablespoons Canola or Vegetable Oil*
- 1 Small Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Medium Red, yellow or Orange Pepper, chopped
- 1 Medium Carrot, grated
- 6 Scallions, chopped
- 1 cup Baked Tofu, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Chili garlic sauce for topping
For the Spicy Peanut Powder:
- 1 cup Peanuts (blanched, preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dry roast the peanuts until golden brown on all sides. Set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle, blend the peanuts with ground cumin, red chili powder and salt into a coarse powder. Store the ground peanuts in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Cook noodles as per package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet, add the onions and garlic; cook till the onions turn translucent, about 3~4 minutes.
- Add the chopped scallions and cook for 2 minutes. Next add the other veggies and cook till they are fork tender, but not mushy.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons peanut powder and mix well. Stir in the soy sauce and mix until incorporated.
- Add the drained noodles and toss them until they are well coated with the veggies. Add the reserved cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce. Serve warm and Enjoy with chili garlic sauce!!