Are you a feta cheese lover? Good news! There are so many ways to make your very own plant-based feta, along with some wonderful recipes featuring vegan feta that you can try out! Check out the list below for your dairy-free feta inspiration.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Cheese Archives!
1. 5 Ingredient Almond Feta Cheese
Source: 5 Ingredient Almond Feta Cheese
This 5 Ingredient Almond Feta Cheese by Charanya Ramakrishnan is the perfect plant-based alternative for sprinkling on salads, pizzas, or anything you would enjoy feta on. I was never a big cheese eater, but once I went vegan, I started to crave it. Feta was my favorite cheese. Salads with feta, chive cream cheese, etc. Yum. I had such a bad craving the other day – I managed to make almond feta from scratch and it tasted so much like the real thing! This almond feta is super simple to make and is great to put on salads, sandwiches, veggies, and more! Keep it in the fridge for when those cheese cravings strike! This almond feta is super simple to make and great on salads, sandwiches, veggies, and more! Keep it in the fridge for when those cheese cravings strike!
2. Tofu Feta Cheese
Source: Tofu Feta Cheese
Miso and nutritional yeast take this Tofu Feta Cheese by Evi Oravecz to the next level. Use it to bulk up a simple salad or enjoy it as a dessert with sliced pears and apples.
3. Feta and Olive Greek Pizza
Source: Feta and Olive Greek Pizza
All of the ingredients in this Feta and Olive Greek Pizza by Sweet, Savory, and Free: Insanely Delicious Plant-Based Recipes without Any of the Top 8 Food Allergens, get along so well. The olives, onions, spinach, feta, and cherry tomatoes get all aromatic and spicy with the oregano and red pepper flakes. They sit together so comfortable and cozy in the chewy and crisp crust. It was meant to be all along.
4. Baked Macadamia Feta
Source: Baked Macadamia Feta
Many people are afraid that they’re going to miss cheese when going vegan, but to be honest, by now there are so many delicious cheese alternatives out there that it really shouldn’t be a worry anymore. Apart from major companies creating plant-based cheese alternatives you can also easily make your own nut cheeses, like this beautiful Baked Macadamia Feta by Kirsten Kaminski, at home. Even if you’re a bit skeptical about the results, you might be surprised by how easy it is and how well they turn out! This baked macadamia feta cheese is the perfect example! It’s the ideal combination of that tangy feta and smooth cream cheese – combined in one convenient bundle!
5. Pumpkin Spice Biscuits With Feta Cheese
Source: Pumpkin Spice Biscuits With Feta Cheese
Yum, yum, yum! These Pumpkin Spice Biscuits With Feta Cheese by Rhea Parsons are outrageously delicious and a clever way to use pumpkin. The sweetness of the pumpkin perfectly complements the tangy and salty vegan feta. You couldn’t find a more perfect accompaniment to fall soups and stews, but they’re amazing on their own too!
6. Instant Raw Vegan Feta Cheese
Source: Instant Raw Vegan Feta Cheese
Use this amazing Instant Raw Vegan Feta Cheese by Nikki Stokes for all your tangy cheese needs! It works well as a dip, in salads, or even on its own!
7. Greek Salad With Homemade Feta Cheese
Source: Greek Salad with Homemade Feta Cheese
The Greek Salad With Homemade Feta Cheese by Yana Chistyakova is a typical recipe of the cuisine of Greece that is made with the typical ingredients of this country and the Mediterranean diet in general. The basis of this rich and easy salad are tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, pepper, olives, and feta cheese. Traditionally it is seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano.
8. Macadamia Nut Pepper-Herb Feta
This Macadamia Nut Pepper-Herb Feta by Annie Oliverio started as a salad dressing but turned into a dairy-free cheese that tastes just like feta cheese!
9. Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Feta
Source: Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Feta
These Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Feta by Nikki and Zuzana make a great starter or party snack, but they can also be paired with a big green salad for a filling plant-based meal. A mix of veggies, oats, and herbs make up the flavorful stuffing. Top it off with some almond feta and you got one delicious meal!
10. Spinach and Almond Feta Breakfast Wrap
Source: Spinach and Almond Feta Breakfast Wrap
What’s not to love about this Spinach and Almond Feta Breakfast Wrap by Megan Clarke? A delicious egg-like tofu pattie is wrapped up all tidy along with creamy sun-dried tomato cream cheese, roasted tomatoes, fresh spinach, and some tangy baked almond feta. Each bite is packed with so much incredible flavor! Once you get these all wrapped up you can keep them in the fridge for a quick and tasty protein-packed breakfast or lunch.
11. Marinated Tofu Feta Cheese
With each passing year, we see more and more delicious plant-based cheeses hit the market. However, if you don’t feel like hunting the best brands down, an easy solution is to just make your own! This Marinated Tofu Feta Cheese by Maya Sozer is marinated in a mixture of flavors including thyme, dijon mustard, lime, garlic, and red pepper flakes, to give it that familiar, sharp taste that feta possesses. Try them on your next Greek salad or vegan moussaka.
12. Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Almond Feta
Source: Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Almond Feta
My favorite vegetable of all time – Sweet Potato. Roast them with a bit of ground chili and salt, I am happy with just that and some spinach leaves. Is it weird to have salads without dressing? I hate how dressing changes the taste of vegetables. I add some spices to vegetables, usually roast them and make a salad. This Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Almond Feta by Charanya Ramakrishnan requires no dressing /you can top this salad with any dressing of your choice.
13. M’hencha: Moroccan Spinach and Almond Feta Hand Pies
Source: M’hencha: Moroccan Spinach and Almond Feta Hand Pies
M’hencha, Arabic for “coiled like a snake,” are traditional Moroccan pastries that can be made sweet or savory. These Moroccan Spinach and Almond Feta Hand Pies by Emily Wilkinson are stuffed with a Greek-inspired filling of spinach and almond feta and baked until light and flaky on the outside. They’re incredibly easy to make — just be sure to soak the almonds ahead of time — and can be served hot or cold with whatever sides you like.
14. Lentil and Beetroot Salad with Tofu Feta
Source: Lentil and Beetroot Salad with Tofu Feta
This Lentil and Beetroot Salad with Tofu Feta by Aryane Héroux-Blais is perfect for a simple and easy but lovely meal! The tofu and fresh herbs give it a lot of flavors, and you’ll be amazed by how the sweetness of the beets and the heartiness of the lentils combine to make a filling lunch.
15. Mushroom and Tofu Feta Ravioli
Source: Mushroom and Tofu Feta Ravioli
This Mushroom and Tofu Feta Ravioli by Emilie Heck makes the perfect dinner for your night off because you can make a big batch and freeze all of the leftovers for another day. Savory mushrooms and tangy tofu feta are the fillings for these homemade ravioli. Serve with your favorite kind of sauce, like cauliflower Alfredo, or savory marinara, and top with plenty of vegan Parmesan.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!