This almond feta is the perfect plant-based alternative for sprinkling on salads, pizzas, or anything you would enjoy feta on. I was never a big cheese eater, but once I went vegan, I started to crave it. Feta was my favorite cheese. Salads with feta, chive cream cheese, etc. Yum. I had such a bad craving the other day - I managed to make almond feta from scratch and it tasted so much like the real thing! This almond feta is super simple to make and is great to put on salads, sandwiches, veggies, and more! Keep it in the fridge for when those cheese cravings strike! This almond feta is super simple to make and great on salads, sandwiches, veggies, and more! Keep it in the fridge for when those cheese cravings strike!
5 Ingredient Almond Feta Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for 5 Ingredient Almond Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
How to Prepare 5 Ingredient Almond Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- Soak Almonds in 2 cups very hot water for 2 hours.
- Skin almonds.
- Add the almond kernels & water into a food processor. Make a smooth paste.
- Add the other ingredients to the food processor and process until smooth(if you need extra water-add 1 Tbsp at a time)
- Transfer to a colander lined with a cheesecloth and squeeze down starting from the open end.
- Now, wrap an elastic band on the open end (tight) and keep a container underneath to collect juices [The creamy cheese milk can be added to salads or to my cheesy hummus]. Leave it overnight refrigerated. The next day you will find a big mass of almond cheese inside the cheesecloth.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- To shape them, you could transfer to a cling-wrapped bowl.
- Line a tray with baking paper and flip the bowl onto the tray. Carefully, remove bowl & cling wrap and you will see the cheese sit there on the tray
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove, Make some deep pits using toothpicks to ease cooking.
- Back into the oven, Bake the cheese until the cracks start to appear on the top of the cheese. (It took 30 minutes on a middle-tier oven rack)
- Remove from oven and cut into cubes. Store in an airtight container (in a refrigerator). Tastes amazing even after a week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1347 | Total Carbs: 34 g | Total Fat: 108 g | Total Protein: 56 g | Total Sodium: 40 mg | Total Sugar: 12 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.