These ravioli make the perfect dinner for your night off because you can make a big batch and freeze all of the leftovers for another day. Savory mushrooms and tangy tofu feta are the filling to these homemade raviolis. Serve with your favorite kind of sauce, like cauliflower alfredo, or savory marinara, and top with plenty of vegan parmesan.
Mushroom and Tofu Feta Ravioli [Vegan]
For the Ravioli:
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
For the Tofu Feta:
- Half of 12-ounce block of extra firm silken tofu, drained and pressed for at least 1 hour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
For the Filling:
- Tofu feta
- 2 cups of finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
To Make the Ravioli:
- In a standing mixer, combine flour and salt. Create a small well in the flour and pour in the water and olive oil. Mix on medium speed, until a dough has formed. Allow the dough to rest for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- When your dough is at the end of its resting period sauté your mushrooms in the olive oil over medium heat for roughly 5 minutes, or until throughly cooked. Stir the mushrooms into the tofu feta, until incorporated and set aside.
- Once the dough has rested, place it on a well-floured surface and kneed it for about a minute. Roll out the dough in a rectangle until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Use a round cookie cutter, ravioli stamp or the rim of a mason jar to make light indentations of a circle in one of the long sides of the dough. Each indentation should be roughly 1/2-inch apart.
- Place a small spoonful of filling into the center of each indentation then pull the opposite side of the dough over the indentations, so that the dough is halved lengthwise and the indentations with filling are completely covered. Using the circle cutter of your choice, cut down through both layers of dough, until the ravioli comes out freely from the surrounding dough. If you are using the rim of a jar or cookie cutter, press down on the sides of the ravioli with the end of a fork to seal the edges together. Once you have cut out all of the indentations and made the raviolis, gather up the scraps, knead them together, roll the dough out, and repeat the process until you run out of dough.
- Once the ravioli is formed you can choose to either freeze them as is or cook them immediately. To cook bring a pot of water to boil then place a few of the raviolis in it. Remove the raviolis once they have floated to the top of the pot.
To Make the Tofu Feta:
- Whisk all of your feta ingredients, except the tofu, into a medium-sized bowl until throughly combined. Crumble your feta block into the marinade and toss. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.