Many people are afraid that they’re going to miss cheese when going vegan, but to be honest by now there are so many delicious cheese alternatives out there that it really shouldn’t be a worry anymore. Apart from major companies creating plant-based cheese alternatives you can also easily make your own nut cheeses, like this beautiful baked macadamia feta, at home. Even if you’re a bit skeptical about the results, you might be surprised by how easy it is and how well they turn out! This baked macadamia feta cheese is the perfect example! It’s the ideal combination of that tangy feta and smooth cream cheese – combined in one convenient bundle!
Baked Macadamia Feta [Vegan]
- 2 cups macadamia nuts(soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon raw virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs of choice (oregano, rosemary)
- Place the macadamia nuts into a bowl and cover with water. Place in the fridge to soak overnight. Drain and rinse them properly before placing into a high-speed blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend on low, then on high until you get a smooth mixture.
- Place a sieve over a bowl and a 4 layered cheese cloth inside. Scoop the macadamia mixture into the cheese cloth. Take all four ends so you have the macadamia mixture in a ball and use an elastic band to tighten. Use your hands to squeeze out any extra liquid and place the cheese ball into the fridge for 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a baking tin with olive oil. Carefully unwrap the cheese ball and place it inside. Bake for 30 minutes or until you see the top getting golden brown and cracking.
- Serve on a place with crackers, as a spread or add to your favorite salad.
- All Vegan Cheese