With each passing year, we see more and more delicious plant-based cheeses hit the market. However, if you don't feel like hunting the best brands down, an easy solution is to just make your own! This tofu feta cheese is marinated in a mixture of flavors including thyme, dijon mustard, lime, garlic, and red pepper flakes, to give it that familiar, sharp taste that feta possesses. Try them on your next Greek salad or vegan moussaka.
Marinated Tofu Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce block extra-firm tofu, diced
- 4 springs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tomatoes
- A small wedge of lime or lemon
- A few leaves of fresh mint
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons homemade mustard or dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry or fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put everything in an airtight container or jar. Set it in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Sautée in a skillet over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes.