With each passing year, we see more and more delicious plant-based cheeses hit the market. However, if you don't feel like hunting the best brands down, an easy solution is to just make your own! This tofu feta cheese is marinated in a mixture of flavors including thyme, dijon mustard, lime, garlic, and red pepper flakes, to give it that familiar, sharp taste that feta possesses. Try them on your next Greek salad or vegan moussaka.
Marinated Tofu Feta Cheese [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Marinated Tofu Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce block extra-firm tofu, diced
- 4 springs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried tomatoes
- A small wedge of lime or lemon
- A few leaves of fresh mint
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons homemade mustard or dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry or fresh rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Marinated Tofu Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- Put everything in an airtight container or jar. Set it in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Sautée in a skillet over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.