Little veggie bundle bliss. These little phyllo bundles are basically just little flaky bowls of roasted veggie goodness.
Roasted Vegetable Phyllo Bundles [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Vegetable Phyllo Bundles [Vegan]
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 1/2-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2-1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella (optional)
- 8-10 phyllo sheets, thawed
- Olive oil for brushing
- Optional: serve with marinara or pesto
How to Prepare Roasted Vegetable Phyllo Bundles [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, toss chopped vegetables with olive oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper until evenly coated. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a large parchment lined baking sheet. Use two baking sheets if necessary to prevent overcrowding. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over vegetables. Set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Set a 12 cup muffin pan next to your work space. Working with one sheet of phyllo at a time, lay the first sheet on a dry work surface and lightly brush with olive oil working from the edges in. Stack 3-4 more sheets of phyllo, depending on desired level of thickness, brushing each sheet lightly with oil. Cut stacked phyllo into 6 even squares/rectangles. Gently press one square into a muffin cup, followed by 1/4 cup vegetable-cheese mixture. Gently fold phyllo edges over to enclose filling. Brush with olive oil, and continue steps until 6 bundles have been made. Starting with one sheet of phyllo again, create another stack and follow steps to make six cups more, equaling 12 in total.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pan for five minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with marinara or pesto if desired.
For a thicker phyllo cup use five sheets instead of four. Vegetables can easily be swapped out for others, or doubled up if certain vegetables are omitted. Vegetables do not need to be perfectly cut, a rough chop can suffice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.