This savory Mushroom Gravy is the perfect topping to any warm hearty dish.
Savory Mushroom Gravy [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Savory Mushroom Gravy [Vegan]
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. salt fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
How to Prepare Savory Mushroom Gravy [Vegan]
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with about 2 cups of vegetable broth until well dissolved. Once dissolved, add the remaining broth and mix. Set aside.
- Preheat a 2 quart pot over medium heat. Saute the onion in oil for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Let wine reduce for about 3 minutes. Add the broth/flour mixture and the nutritional yeast. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring often until thickened.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.