This savory Mushroom Gravy is the perfect topping to any warm hearty dish.
Savory Mushroom Gravy [Vegan]
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. salt fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with about 2 cups of vegetable broth until well dissolved. Once dissolved, add the remaining broth and mix. Set aside.
- Preheat a 2 quart pot over medium heat. Saute the onion in oil for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Let wine reduce for about 3 minutes. Add the broth/flour mixture and the nutritional yeast. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring often until thickened.
- Taste for salt and pepper and serve.