My favorite vegetable of all time - Sweet Potato. Roast them with a bit of ground chili and salt, I am happy with just that and some spinach leaves. Is it weird to have salads without dressing? I hate how dressing changes the taste of vegetables. I add some spices to vegetables, usually roast them and make a salad. I made this ultimate roasted sweet potato salad. Requires no dressing /you can top this salad with any dressing of your choice.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad With Almond Feta [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups sweet potato - chopped as cubes (same sized bits)
- Almond feta crumbled-to taste-1/3 cup
- Spinach leaves-couple of handfuls
- 1/4 red onion- small-sliced lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- Salt-to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 340 F
- In a pan, heat oil, once hot, add chili powder and salt. Reduce flame to low and roast for a minute. Add cubed sweet potato.
- Toss them really well so the spices coat the potato
- Transfer them onto a tray lined with a baking paper and roast them until sweet potato is tender and looks brown on the outside
- In a bowl, add spinach leaves, over which add sweet potato, crumble almond feta and red onion slices, add dried cranberries, drizzle some lemon juice.
- Toss and serve