The Greek salad is a typical recipe of the cuisine of Greece that is made with the typical ingredients of this country and the Mediterranean diet in general. The basis of this rich and easy salad are tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, pepper, olives and feta cheese. Traditionally it is seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano.
Greek Salad With Homemade Feta Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 recipe for vegan feta cheese
- 2 tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- a handful of pitted black olives
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- olive oil to taste
- Chop the vegetables: cherry tomatoes and olives in half, pepper, cucumber and onion into medium pieces.
- Prepare vegan feta cheese following our recipe. Cut the cheese into medium dice.
- Mix all the cut vegetables and feta cheese in a salad bowl, season with a generous stream of olive oil, season and add the oregano.
- As an option we serve the Greek vegan salad on a bed of lettuce.