A loaded plate of nachos is the ultimate party food. That said, whipping up a plate just for yourself is pretty fun, too. With a plant-based diet in mind, your nacho plate can be piled high with all the toppings you can imagine from vegan sour cream, cheese, and ‘meat’, to all the veggie musts haves- guac, pico, and beans.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Green Chili Nacho Cheese Sauce
Source: Green Chili Nacho Cheese Sauce
Next time you feel like making loaded nachos don’t miss out on this awesome Green Chili Nacho Cheese Sauce by Sara Hohn. If you have had your fill of nachos, this recipe would make a great cheezy pasta sauce, tossed with cooked macaroni, topped with bread crumbs, and baked until crispy. You could also try it on pizza, burritos, or gooped onto a burger or tofu dog. No idea is a bad one with this sauce.
2. The Ultimate Guacamole
Source: The Ultimate Guacamole
Check out this recipe for The Ultimate Guacamole by Christina Bedetta. Dollop it all over a plate of nachos, serve it with chips and fresh vegetables, or enjoy it in wrap form. It’s easy to make and is a great addition to so many dishes. Made with creamy avocado, red onion, tomatoes, and spices there is no arguing that this is the ultimate guacamole recipe. With such delicious flavors and versatility, the possibilities are endless!
3. Cuban Black Beans
Source: Cuban Black Beans
These Cuban Black Beans by Katrina Abram would be a perfect addition to a plate of nachos. These made-from-scratch Cuban-style beans are spiced with garlic, onion, cumin, and oregano. Totally traditional and totally fabulous! If you are short on time you could technically use canned black beans, but the flavor of home-cooked beans is so much more delicious and authentic.
4. Cauliflower and Walnut Ground ‘Meat’
If you are looking for a meaty substitute for your nachos stop right here, This recipe for Cauliflower and Walnut Ground ‘Meat’ by Anja Cass works deliciously on a plate of nachos as well as in tacos, pizza, Bolognese sauce, lasagna, and so many other recipes! It’s cholesterol free and a great alternative to the usual gluten and soy products. This is the ultimate in healthy cooking that tastes amazing! It’s also quite easy to make. Cauliflower, walnuts, tomato paste, and some other seasonings––that’s it!
5. Pulled ‘Pork’ Sandwiches With Carrot Apple Slaw
Alright, so we have a recipe for Pulled ‘Pork’ Sandwiches With Carrot Apple Slaw by Robin Browne here, but set the bread aside for today and use the vegan pulled pork at your next nacho party. The jackfruit ‘pulled pork is filling, with a smokey flavor and a hint of sweetness. Go Memphis-style with these nachos!
6. Easy Sour Cream
Source: Easy Sour Cream
Need a little sour cream on your nachos? Look no further than this recipe for Easy Sour Cream by Holly Bertone. delicious to perfection. But what if you are dairy free? This vegan sour cream fills the void. It’s creamy and tart and just as good as the traditional version.
7. Oven-Roasted Salsa
Source: Oven-Roasted Salsa
It would be hard to have nachos without some kind of tomato topping. This Oven-Roasted Salsa by Gabrielle St. Claire is quick, easy, and affordable. It packs tons of veggies and tons of flavor. It can easily be made in bulk, and pairs well with countless dishes, not just nachos!
8. Pico de Gallo
Source: Pico de Gallo
Here is another tomatoey must for a plate of nachos. Check out this recipe for Pico de Gallo by Mireille Aikman. This salsa fresca is great with nacho chips, a delicious topping on your tacos, a super tasty side dish, or use it to spice up your salad. Basically, you can make any recipe better with pico de gallo. It stays fresh for about a week so use it on any of your dishes.
9. Homemade Pickled Jalapeños
Source: Homemade Pickled Jalapeños
10. Warm Marinated Olives
Source: Warm Marinated Olives
If you want to make your nacho a little fancier this time, try these Warm Marinated Olives by Rouxbe. Served warm, this beautiful mixture of picholine, nicoise, kalamata, and green and black olives is marinated in citrus zest, garlic, and rosemary.
11. Homemade Hot Sauce
Source: Homemade Hot Sauce
Keep your nachos on fire with this Homemade Hot Sauce Wendy Irene. This homemade hot sauce recipe packs a powerful kick. It’s thin and spicy so a little goes a long way. The other fabulous thing about this hot sauce recipe is that it’s a great healthy way to add depth of flavor to a dish without adding oil or fats.
12. Refried Beans
Source: Refried Beans
Add flavor and protein to your nachos with these Refried Beans by Mireille Aikman. Looking for the easiest refried beans you ever tasted? Take a look at this refried beans recipe. Only requires 6 ingredients and is done in no time.
13. Grilled Corn Salad with Jalapeno and Avocado
Take this recipe for Grilled Corn Salad with Jalapeno and Avocado by Gabrielle St. Claire and simply serve it on top of a plate of tortilla chips and all your other favorite nacho toppings. It’s quick, easy, affordable, and packed with veggies. The flavor has texture and heat; it’s a little sweet, a little smoky, and perfect for any season. This recipe is great for entertaining, amazing as a side dish or garnish on sandwiches or tacos, and is just an all-around crowd pleaser!!
14. Chick’n Style Seitan Cutlets
Source: Chick’n Style Seitan Cutlets
Chop up these Chick’n Style Seitan Cutlets by Ashley Flitter and toss the pieces generously on top of your loaded nachos. These vegan chicken cutlets are so crispy and tender! Plus, the taste is so similar to the real thing. Seitan is such a great plant-based meat alternative because it’s easy to find in stores or make yourself.
15. Beer Butter Mushrooms
Source: Beer Butter Mushrooms
These Beer Butter Mushrooms by Dana Sandonato will easily be the star of the nacho plate. These mushrooms are textured exceptionally and walk the line between buttery and salty perfection. While this glorious dish is incredibly simple, it is guaranteed to become a house favorite.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.