These vegan chicken cutlets are so crispy and tender! Plus, the taste is so similar to the real thing. Seitan is such a great plant-based meat alternative because it’s easy to find in stores or make yourself. It also is so meaty and easy to flavor to your liking. Serve them in a sandwich, salad, or veggie bowl! They also taste delicious on their own dipped into an aioli, ketchup, or some other kind of sauce. If you’ve been craving plant-based meat lately, give these vegan chicken cutlets a try!
Chick’n Style Seitan Cutlets [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chick’n Style Seitan Cutlets [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos, to make it soy-free
How to Prepare Chick’n Style Seitan Cutlets [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the broth and soy sauce. Add the wet to the dry and mix until moistened.
- Knead the dough for 3 minutes or so until the gluten strands start to form. Separate the dough into 6 pieces and shape each of them into an oblong cutlet.
- Place each cutlet onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 20 minutes, or until the cutlets are golden brown on each side.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Seitan (Plant Protein)
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 772 | Total Carbs: 39 g | Total Fat: 4 g | Total Protein: 134 g | Total Sodium: 4515 g | Total Sugar: 3 g Per Serving: Calories: 129 | Carbs: 7 g | Fat: 1 g | Protein: 22 g | Sodium: 753 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.