These vegan chicken cutlets are so crispy and tender! Plus, the taste is so similar to the real thing. Seitan is such a great plant-based meat alternative because it’s easy to find in stores or make yourself. It also is so meaty and easy to flavor to your liking. Serve them in a sandwich, salad, or veggie bowl! They also taste delicious on their own dipped into an aioli, ketchup, or some other kind of sauce. If you’ve been craving plant-based meat lately, give these vegan chicken cutlets a try!
Chick’n Style Seitan Cutlets [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos, to make it soy-free
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the broth and soy sauce. Add the wet to the dry and mix until moistened.
- Knead the dough for 3 minutes or so until the gluten strands start to form. Separate the dough into 6 pieces and shape each of them into an oblong cutlet.
- Place each cutlet onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Turn them over and bake another 20 minutes, or until the cutlets are golden brown on each side.
- Seitan (Plant Protein)