Is it a dip … a sauce … a condiment? Whatever you end up calling it, this nacho cheese sauce is incredibly versatile. Dip raw veggies or chips in it. Drizzle it warmed on top of steamed broccoli, cauliflower, or a medley of roasted vegetables. This recipe would make a great cheezy pasta sauce, tossed with cooked macaroni, topped with bread crumbs and baked until crispy. Got some left over? You could also try it on pizza, burritos, or gooped onto a burger or tofu dog. No idea is a bad one with this sauce.
Green Chili Nacho Cheese Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in 2 cups water for 2-4 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced (jarred is fine)
- 1/4 cup green chilis, diced (canned is fine)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine drained cashews, red peppers, green chilis, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, water, cayenne and sea salt. Blend until smooth, occasionally scraping the sides to make sure it’s thoroughly mixed.