Sour cream is one of those foods that makes a recipe go from delicious to perfection. But what if you are dairy free? This vegan sour cream fills the void. It’s creamy and tart and just as good as the traditional version.
Easy Sour Cream [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (with mother)
- Juice of one lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water + optional 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- Soak cashews in water for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain cashews (toss water, keep cashews).
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 3-4 minutes, scraping sides occasionally.
- Add a little more water if needed, until it's the consistency of sour cream.