Sour cream is one of those foods that makes a recipe go from delicious to perfection. But what if you are dairy free? This vegan sour cream fills the void. It’s creamy and tart and just as good as the traditional version.
Easy Sour Cream [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Sour Cream [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (with mother)
- Juice of one lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup water + optional 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
How to Prepare Easy Sour Cream [Vegan]
- Soak cashews in water for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain cashews (toss water, keep cashews).
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 3-4 minutes, scraping sides occasionally.
- Add a little more water if needed, until it's the consistency of sour cream.
Total Calories: 672 | Total Carbs: 38 g | Total Fat: 52 g | Total Protein: 24 g | Total Sodium: 400 g | Total Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.